Temporomandibular Disorder (TMJ) – Jaw Pain
Physical Therapy Plus can help patients that have TMD dysfunction. Typical complaints of TMD (Jaw Pain) are:
- TMJ Pain (pain in the joint)
- Face or Jaw Pain
- Ear Pain
- Ringing in the Ears
- Joint Sounds (popping, clicking, or grinding)
- Muscle Pain and/or Tenderness
- Limited Mouth Opening or Closing, or Sideward Movements
- Neck Pain
The leading causes of jaw pain are:
- Myofascial pain – Discomfort or pain from the muscles that control jaw function and the neck and shoulder muscles.
- Internal derangement of the joint – a displaced disc, or injury to the jaw joint.
- Degenerative joint disease – such as osteoporosis or rheumatoid arthritis in the jaw joint.
All of which can be treated effectively by a physical therapist.
Call Us Today For More Information.
You Can Reach Us At 502-845-0005